For many in our community, it's important they know their therapist not only accepts them, but has a deep personal understanding for the unique aspects of their life shaped by the identities they hold.
- On a personal level:
- I know what it's like to move through the world as a queer person, while honoring your unique lived experience based on the intersection of your identities, which may be quite different from my own.
- On a professional level:
- As a psychologist and professor of human sexuality, I've dedicated my career to being knowledgeable and affirming of experiences of gender, sexuality, and relationship structure unique to the LGBT community. Our early life experiences are unique, our journeys towards self-actualization are unique, and the ways in which we love one another and navigate our relationships are unique. It's important your therapist knows this.
- Learn more about Dr. Scott and his approach to therapy...
Concerns I work best with:
- Alcohol Abuse/Problematic Drinking
- Body Image Concerns/Pressure to Feel More Attractive
- Coming Out
- Connection and Community
- Couples Therapy
- Drug Abuse/Problematic Drug Use
- Family Dynamics
- Gender Identity Exploration
- Pornography Misuse
- Self Criticism
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Orientation Exploration
- Sexuality/Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Relationship Issues
- Transgender Concerns